We’re making some changes to our Visa Debit General Information that will apply to Visa Debit cardholders. Outlined below are the changes that will take effect on 29 October 2021 and what they mean for you.
We’ve made these changes because we’ve partnered with Mastercard and have recently launched a new debit card - the TSB Debit Mastercard®
What’s changing in our Visa Debit General Information?
- The payment system that TSB’s debit card service uses is changing from Visa to Mastercard. This means:
- If you need a replacement debit card, you will be offered a Debit Mastercard, rather than a Visa Debit card; and
- If your existing debit card is due to expire, you may be sent a Debit Mastercard rather than a Visa Debit card prior to the expiry date.
- Clarifying that separate conditions of use apply to TSB’s Debit Mastercard. Unless you opt out of getting a Debit Mastercard, you will be sent a copy of those conditions of use along with your new Debit Mastercard.
- We’re removing our card replacement fee and the charge for investigating an unsuccessful unauthorised/disputed transaction.
- We’re making some other clarifications to our Visa Debit General Information, such as confirming that overseas transaction fees only apply to card transactions in a foreign currency.
Updated copies of the Visa Debit General Information will be available in-branch and on our website from 29 October 2021.
What do you need to do?
There is no action needed from you today, but as part of this change, we’ll begin to replace all current TSB Visa Debit cards with a new TSB Debit Mastercard in the coming months. We’ll be in touch to let you know when a TSB Debit Mastercard is heading your way. Your TSB Visa Debit card will continue to work in the meantime.
Cancellation of TSB Visa Debit cards
As part of the replacement, we’ll be cancelling any remaining TSB Visa Debit cards from April 2022. We’ll let you know the specific date closer to the time if your Visa Debit card is still active then.
We’re here to help
If you would like to know more about the upcoming changes and how they may affect you, please call us on 0800 872 226 between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday, or between 9am and 5pm on weekends.