- The Bank may obtain credit references or make enquiries within its normal procedures in connection with any account application or upon request (or review) of finance facilities provided to the Account Holder by the Bank. This may require disclosure to a Credit Reporting Agency, and that information may be available to other registered subscribers with that agency.
- The Bank may use any information obtained for reasonable business purposes. This includes (but not limited to) fulfilment, marketing, lending, legal compliance and third parties engaged by the Bank for product promotions.
- The Bank may wish to seek customer feedback and may provide appropriate information to reputable market research organisations.
- Should it become necessary, information may be passed on to debt collection agencies or the information used by the Bank for the purposes of debt collection.
- The Bank will ensure that information about the Account Holder is held securely and will not, except for the above purposes or as authorised by the Account Holder or when required or authorised by law, disclose the information to any other person.
- Except where it is legally permitted the Account Holder is entitled to see and correct information about them held by the Bank.
- The Bank may contact the insurers of any property over which the Bank may hold security in order to obtain details of insurance cover in respect of such property.
- Should it be necessary, information may be passed on to interested third parties where there is a reasonable belief fraud has occurred.
Updated November 2015