Why insure your
home with us?


TSB Tower insurance

tsb tower full replacement for fire


Extended sum insured benefit for Fire

If this benefit applies, we will pay up to 20% on
top of the sum insured if your house is
unrepairable due to Fire, subject to the terms
and conditions of your policy.

tsb tower multi policy discount


Multi-policy discount

Save up to 20% when you take out two
or more policies with us.
Ts&Cs apply.

tsb tower one event one excess


One event, one excess

If one incident means you need to
claim on multiple policies with us,
you’ll only pay one excess. The highest
excess applies.



Tower insurance disclaimer


Key benefits


TSB house insurance - house icon

House owner’s liability

You're covered for claims made against you as a result of accidents at your house that cause damage to someone else's property.


TSB house insurance - suitcase icon

Temporary accommodation expenses

If your house becomes uninhabitable as a result of a covered event, we’ll also pay for temporary accommodation. This also includes any boarding fees for your pets.


TSB house insurance - earthquake icon

Natural disaster damage

If your home suffers natural disaster damage, which is more than the EQCover limit, we’ll pay the difference up to the sum insured. 


TSB house insurance - key icon

Tenanted houses

If you rent your house to tenants, family or friends, we can cover those extra things that you need as a landlord, such as loss of rent cover, and cover for deliberate damage caused by your tenants.





Compare house

This is a summary only, you can read the full list of benefits, terms and conditions in our policy wordings.


Cover benefits compared

Premium cover Plus cover Standard cover Landlord’s plus cover
Basis of settlement Replacement to sum insured Replacement to sum insured Replacement to sum insured Replacement to sum insured
Extended sum insured for fire
One event - one excess
Liability protection $20m $20m $20m $20m
Bodily injury $100,000 $100,000 $100,000 $100,000
Natural disaster damage
No claims bonus
Gradual damage to your house $3,000 $2,000 $1,000 $2,000
Landscaping $5,000 $2,000 $1,000 $2,000
Garden retaining walls $50,000 $25,000 $15,000 $25,000
Temporary accommodation $30,000 $25,000 $15,000
Keys and locks lost or stolen $2,000 $1,000 $500
House under minor alteration $50,000 $20,000 $10,000 $20,000
Demand surge protection 15% 10% 10%
Stress benefit lump sum payment $2,000 $1,000
Glass breakage reduced excess $50 excess $100 excess
Carpets extended replacement

Landlord's benefits

Premium cover Plus cover Standard cover Landlord’s plus cover
Loss of rent damage to your house 8 months
Loss of rent for other reasons 8 weeks
Methamphetamine decontamination $30,000
Deliberate damage $20,000
Landlord's whiteware and window coverings $20,000

Optional benefits

Premium cover Plus cover Standard cover Landlord’s plus cover
Garden retaining walls Sum insured Sum insured Sum insured Sum insured
Special features Sum insured Sum insured Sum insured Sum insured





Sum insured

The sum insured is the maximum amount we'll pay to rebuild your house in the event of a total loss, so it's important you have sufficient cover. This is an amount you choose when you take out your cover, you can update it later on if something changes.

Calculating your sum insured

It's important to choose a sum insured value that's right for your property so you're fully covered if the worst happens. Here are a couple of ways to get a sum insured estimate:

  • Sum Sure calculator

    The Cordell Sum Sure calculator is a free tool that uses information about your property to provide an estimated reconstruction cost, including professional fees, demolition, removal of debris and GST.

    The calculator shows you information that is public record, but you know your house better than anyone. If you know some details are incorrect or out of date you can correct them for a more accurate estimate.

    Use the Sum Sure calculator
  • Hire a professional

    For a more accurate estimate of your sum insured, you could employ an expert such as a registered valuer, a quantity surveyor, or a licensed builder.

    For a fee, these building professionals can visit your property and provide a more detailed evaluation of your property and how much it would cost to rebuild.


Codell Sum Sure Calculator



  • Terms and Conditions

    Tower Limited underwrites all contracts of house, contents and motor cover, and the contracts of insurance are between you and Tower Limited. TSB Bank Limited receives a commission from the sale of insurance policies sold on behalf of Tower. TSB Bank Limited does not guarantee these insurance products marketed on behalf of Tower and is not liable if the insurer declines to pay a claim. Any claims issues are between the insured person(s) and Tower Limited or any involved third party.

    Full terms, conditions and exclusions are available in the Policy Wording. Tower’s credit rating can be viewed here


    fair insurance code logo