Our home loan rate options - what suits you?
A fixed or floating rate - or a combination of both? The choice is yours.
|Term||Special Rate (Minimum 20% deposit)||Standard Rate (Less than 20% deposit)|
|6 Months||4.89% p.a.||5.69% p.a.|
|1 Year||4.85% p.a.||5.65% p.a.|
|18 Months||5.19% p.a.||5.99% p.a.|
|2 Years||5.29% p.a.||6.09% p.a.|
|3 Years||5.59% p.a.||6.39% p.a.|
|4 Years||5.69% p.a.||6.49% p.a.|
|5 Years||5.69% p.a.||6.49% p.a.|
|Housing Variable||6.25% p.a.||7.05% p.a.|
|Revolving Credit||6.35% p.a.||-|
Home loan rates effective 5 August 2022. A minimum deposit of 20% is required for home loan special interest rates and residential loans. Residential loans with less than a 20% deposit are subject to availability of funds. If the bank accepts a loan application that falls outside normal lending criteria, a risk-based premium of up to 2% may be applied. An early repayment fee may apply on fixed rate loans. All interest rates are subject to change without notification. Different lending criteria applies for residential investment, business, commercial and rural loans. Standard lending terms and conditions apply.
If you do not pay amounts when they are due, we can charge you interest on those amounts at the default interest rate, which is your interest rate + 3.00% p.a.
Your interest rate options
Fixed – your interest rate won’t change or be affected by the market
With a fixed rate your interest is fixed from the start, and stays the same for the time you choose – from 6 months to 5 years. This option makes budgeting easy, since your repayments will stay the same over the time you’ve chosen. Plus, you’ll be able to make extra payments up to $10,000.00 per calendar year. If you’re looking to take out new lending with us, we can hold a fixed rate for you for up to 60 days once your loan is contracted. If your rate is up for renewal, you can easily re-fix through Online Banking1.
Floating/Variable – Your interest rate will move with the market
A floating or variable interest rate moves with the market, decreasing your repayments when interest rates are low, and increasing them when the market rates are higher. If you’re looking to pay off your home loan faster, a floating/variable rate allows you the flexibility to increase your repayments, or make extra payments without any penalties.
Combine Fixed and Floating/Variable for the best of both worlds
Want the certainty of a fixed rate with the flexibility of a floating/variable rate? Talk to us about a combination of both. You can decide what portion of your loan is fixed and floating/variable, allowing you the flexibility to reach your goals faster.
Things you need to know
Let us know straightaway if you move.
1. There are currently some exceptions to re-fixing your loan with Online Banking. Please contact us if you can’t re-fix through Online Banking.
- For a limited time, bring us any current nationally advertised fixed home loan rate from ANZ, ASB, BNZ or Westpac for the same term and offer conditions and we’ll beat it by .10% subject to the borrower meeting TSB’s lending and affordability criteria.
- Minimum deposit of 20% required.
- The offer only applies to the purchase, refinance, or building of (a) residential owner-occupied properties with a loan-to-value (LVR) ratio under 80% and (b) residential investment properties with an LVR under 60%.
- All offers can be changed or withdrawn at any time without notice.
General Lending Terms and Conditions:
- TSB may approve residential loans with less than a 20% deposit subject to bank funding requirements.
- Additional margins may apply for bridging loans and borrowers with less than a 20% deposit.
- An early repayment fee may apply on fixed rate loans.
- All interest rates are subject to change without notification.
- Lending criteria, lending terms and conditions, interest rates and fees apply.
- Take a look at our Disclosure Statement or grab a copy from your local branch
- Use of accounts and services are subject to TSB’s General Banking Information.