Changes to TSB Foreign Exchange Services
Due to the impact of COVID-19, as of Tuesday 28th April, TSB has:
- Suspended the purchase of foreign currency – except for AUD, GBP, and USD
- Limited the range of foreign cash currencies for sale. Some TSB branches might not be able to provide the currency you are looking for due to limited supply.
Available currencies for sale:
|AUD (Australian Dollar)||JPY (Japanese Yen)|
|CAD (Canadian Dollar)||NOK (Norwegian Krone)|
|CHF (Swiss Franc)||PHP (Philippine Peso)|
|DKK (Danish Krone)||SEK (Swedish Krona)|
|EUR (Euro)||SGD (Singapore Dollar)|
|FJD (Fiji Dollar)||THB (Thai Baht)|
|GBP (British Pound)||USD (United States Dollar)|
|HKD (Hong Kong Dollar)||ZAR (South African Rand)|
- If you have purchased foreign currency from TSB (which isn't AUD, GBP or USD) prior to 27 April 2020 and this is no longer required, this may be re-purchased at TSB's discretion using TSB's prevailing buy cash rate as set on 24 March 2020 and must be credited to a TSB account.
- If you have purchased foreign currency from TSB (which isn't AUD, GBP or USD) after 27 April 2020 and this is no longer required, we will not be able to re-purchase it back from you until further notice.
Physical Cash and Commission Fees
- NZD physical cash cannot be used to complete a foreign exchange transaction with TSB under any circumstances
- TSB’s commission fee is non-refundable
If you'd like to chat to someone give our Customer Engagement Centre a call on 0800 872 226 between 8.30am and 5pm weekdays and 9am-5pm Saturday to discuss any queries you may have. We will be happy to talk you through the changes and your options in more detail.