If you find a transaction from your credit or debit card on your statement that you don’t believe you made, you can dispute it - you have up to 60 days from the transaction date to submit your dispute.

Debit card transactions made by inserting or swiping your card (and using the “cheque” or “savings” button) in New Zealand (including at an ATM) are treated as domestic EFTPOS transactions. You’ll need to dispute these transactions directly with the relevant merchant.

Ways to dispute a transaction

  1. Contact the company who charged you - if it’s their error they will be able to reverse the charge for you. 
  2. If the company cannot help you, the next step is to contact us and complete a Disputed Transactions Form and provide us with information to back up your dispute. The Disputed Card Transaction Form is available from: