Manage smaller unexpected expenses with an overdraft. If you’re looking for a short-term buffer or want to borrow less than $1,000, an overdraft is a flexible option that you can access from your everyday account.
At a glance
- Access to extra funds up to the agreed overdraft limit
- Only pay interest on the amount you use
- Linked to your everyday account, so you can access it whenever suits
To be eligible for an overdraft, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a permanent New Zealand Resident
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Have a regular income
- Meet our lending criteria and have a good credit history.
We’ll do a credit check as part of the application process.
- Have your main source of income directly credited to your everyday account
See full Lending Terms & Conditions
Frequently asked questions
|Overdraft type||Variable rate|
|Unsecured overdraft||From 15.29% p.a|
|Unarranged overdraft||From 22.00% p.a|
Other options to consider
When borrowing money, there are a few alternatives to consider. The best solution will depend on your personal finances, what you’re wanting to buy, and how you’re planning to pay the money back. Below are just examples – for more information or to find the best fit for you, contact the team.