Manage smaller unexpected expenses with an overdraft. If you’re looking for a short-term buffer or want to borrow less than $1,000, an overdraft is a flexible option that you can access from your everyday account.
At a glance
- Access to extra funds up to the agreed overdraft limit
- Only pay interest on the amount you use
- Linked to your everyday account, so you can access it whenever suits
To be eligible for an overdraft, you must meet the following:
- Meet our lending criteria and have a good credit history - we'll do a credit check as part of the application process
- Be a permanent New Zealand Resident
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Have a regular income
See the full Overdraft Terms and Conditions
Frequently asked questions
Other options to consider
When borrowing money, there are a few alternatives to consider. The best solution will depend on your personal finances, what you’re wanting to buy, and how you’re planning to pay the money back. Below are just examples – for more information or to find the best fit for you, contact the team.