We’ve partnered with Mastercard
At TSB, we’re committed to making your banking experience better, by providing outstanding customer service and products we’ve designed to meet our customers’ needs. That’s why we’ve partnered with Mastercard and created a new debit card – the TSB Debit Mastercard.
What this means for TSB Visa Debit cardholders
As part of this change, we’re replacing all current TSB Visa Debit cards with new TSB Debit Mastercards.
Our new debit card comes with features we think our customers will like. You’ll no longer pay a $10 annual card fee which is payable on your TSB Visa Debit card, and you’ll get a lower foreign currency conversion fee of 1.90%. Android users will also be able to tap to pay with Google PayTM.
The TSB Debit Mastercard allows you to make everyday purchases quickly with Mastercard’s contactless Tap & Go, provides protection against fraud and unauthorised transactions with Mastercard’s Zero Liability1 promise, plus it gives you access to a range of Priceless® offers and experiences2.
You can find out more about the TSB Debit Mastercard here.
What TSB Visa Debit cardholders need to know
From November 2021, we’ll be contacting TSB Visa Debit cardholders to let them know that a new TSB Debit Mastercard is heading their way. If you have a TSB Visa Debit card, we’ll be letting you know that:
- Your TSB Visa Debit card will continue to work until you’ve received and activated your TSB Debit Mastercard.
- Once you’ve received and activated your TSB Debit Mastercard, your TSB Visa Debit card will be cancelled within 7 to 14 days.
- You can contact us if you do not want to be sent a TSB Debit Mastercard. However, if you choose not to be sent one, or if you choose not to activate your TSB Debit Mastercard, you need to know that your TSB Visa Debit card will be cancelled at some stage from April 2022, unless it expires earlier, and will not be replaced with another TSB Visa Debit card.
What TSB Visa Debit cardholders need to do
- Make sure you’re registered and set up with Online Banking. This will make selecting a PIN on your new TSB Debit Mastercard fast and simple.
- Check we have your correct address, email, and contact phone number so we can make sure your new TSB Debit Mastercard finds the right home. Find out how to do this here.
Otherwise, hold tight – and we’ll be in touch over the coming months to let you know when a TSB Debit Mastercard is heading your way.
How to apply for a TSB Debit Mastercard if you don't have a TSB Visa Debit card
- Already a TSB Customer? You can apply by visiting us in-branch or calling us on 0800 872 226 between 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday, or between 9am and 5pm on weekends.
- New to TSB? You can join TSB online, visit your local branch or call us on 0800 872 226. You will require a government issued photo ID such as a passport or driver’s license. If your application is approved, your TSB Debit Mastercard will be sent to you at the address that TSB has on file.
Have a question?
You can find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions below. Otherwise, you can get in touch, or call us using one of the numbers below and one of the team will be happy to help.
General Enquiries: Call 0800 872 226
8am - 6pm, Mon – Fri | 9am – 5pm, Sat - Sun
PIN & Activate support: Call 0800 397 329, or +64 800 397 329 if overseas
8am - 9pm, 7 days a week